About Memeo Inc
Memeo Inc is a Silicon Valley-based software and services company focused on providing data management services to small and medium businesses. Founded in 2003, Memeo provides easy-to-use backup, sync and sharing solutions to simplify the protection and accessibility of valuable data. Memeo has 22 million customers and has shipped over 70 million software licenses to more than 150 countries in 20 languages.
469 El Camino Real Ste. 201
Santa Clara, CA 95050
- • 40 million customers
- • 70 million licenses
- • 20 languages
- • 100,000 businesses
Amazon Web Services, Buffalo, HP Cloud Services, Medion, Seagate, Sony, Western Digital, Netgear, Samsung
- CEO and President - George Northup has been an
entrepreneur, CEO and investor in tech for over 25 yrs with an excellent
track record of building market leading technology companies in the software
and internet spaces. He has a passion for creating markets, delivering high
growth results, and developing teams and businesses that endure. George has
been involved in the building of four successful venture backed companies.
During his career, he has raised more than $500 million of capital and he
has built companies with more than $2 billion of cumulative revenues. He
recently served as President & CEO of AuctionDrop, Inc. Previously, he was CFO of LiveCapital, a financial software analytics company that was sold to D & B. Prior to that, George was CFO of Online Resources, an online banking company (NASDAQ: ORCC, Russell 2000) which he took public in 1999. George started his career at Deloitte & Touche.
- EVP of Business Development - Steve Owens, was most recently the General Manager/Vice President of the Netscape Internet Service from America Online where he was responsible for the development and successful launch of the value-priced ISP. His background includes 10 years of Internet and software industry experience at top companies including America Online, Netscape, and CompuServe. Steve has held numerous executive positions in operations, development, ecommerce, and marketing.
- Bret Savage most recently ran Technology and Business Development for Seagate's $1B retail products group, where he spearheaded the development of the innovative GoFlex line of storage products and connected home media players. Bret's group also completed deals with Google, Netflix, Paramount, and scores more. Bret came to Seagate via the acquisition of Mirra, where he drove development of the groundbreaking Mirra Personal Server as Chief Architect. Before Mirra, Bret co-founded VoIP pioneer Lipstream Networks, which dominated its market in the dot-com era. Bret has also served on the board of Exablox, Inc.
- Vice President of Operations - Ross Eltherington is an expert in field of networking and advanced data center technologies. Co-founding Lipstream (a pioneering VoIP service provider) in 1998, Ross began building scalable, redundant data centers to lay the foundation of bandwidth and data intensive applications. He is credited for building the Mirra service infrastructure, which was later acquired by Seagate Technology in 2005. Prior to that, Ross held various engineering and management leadership positions at Apple Computer.
- Director of Business Development - Ted Sanchez has over 20 years of combined channel sales and channel marketing experience. Ted spent 12 years with Intellisync where he led worldwide channel sales. He was employee number 9 at Intellisync and helped establish Intellisync as the number one personal information management sync solution for PDAs in the market place. Intellisync was acquired by Nokia in 2006. Prior to Intellisync, Sanchez held various marketing positions at Apple USA, Apple Latin America and Hewlett-Packard.
Established in 2003 and headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, Memeo is backed by G51 Ventures and Foundry Group.
Board of Directors
- George Northup - CEO and President, Memeo Inc.
- Rudy Garza
General Partner G51 Capital Management
Mr. Garza founded G-51 Capital in late 1996 and began investing in technology companies in early 1997. Since that time, he has co-invested with numerous angel investors, institutional and corporate venture capital firms including: Austin Ventures, AV Labs, Crosspoint Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, Polaris Ventures, Techxas Ventures, TL Ventures, Dell Ventures, Intel Ventures, Hewlett Packard Ventures, and others.
- Scott Petry
Scott is co-founder of Authentic8, a Silicon Valley company that provides secure Disposable Browsers for its customer's computers. He was formerly Product Management Director for Google's Enterprise Apps Group following Google's acquisition of Postini, a company he founded . In addition to being Postini's founder, he served as Chief Technology Officer, and Executive Vice President of product development. Previously, Petry was Vice President and General Manager at Cygnus Solutions, an open source tools and RTOS vendor, which was acquired by RedHat. Prior to Cygnus, Scott led the Advanced Products Group at SkyTel. He began his career at Apple Computers, where he held various product management positions in the Networking group and was an original product manager on the Newton platform.
- Ryan McIntyre
Co-Founder and Managing Director, Foundry Group
McIntyre co-founded Foundry Group, a venture capital firm focused on early stage information technology companies. Previously, he was a Managing Director at Mobius Venture Capital. Prior to joining Mobius Venture Capital, Ryan co-founded Excite in 1993, which went public in 1996 and later became Excite@Home following the $6.7 billion merger of Excite and @Home in 1999. At the time this acquisition was the largest internet transaction to date and created a company that achieved peak revenues of $616 million in 2000. There Ryan held the role of Principal Engineer and was a key technological contributor to the company's search engine and content management systems and also led the design and implementation of Excite's community and commerce platforms. Ryan was also responsible for integrating engineering teams and technologies into Excite's infrastructure following the acquisitions of several companies based in Seattle and Austin.
Memeo is Hiring!
Memeo partners with some of the largest consumer electronics device manufacturers in the world to build innovative software and services that allow consumers to access their personal content from any device, including iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, Android Tablet, HDTV, Windows, Mac and Web.
Whether you are a seasoned pro or just beginning your career, Memeo has a
variety of fun and challenging positions available. Memeo draws the very best
people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and provide a rewarding
work environment. We create an atmosphere where the company shares its success
with employees who have helped us achieve and surpass our goals.
If you are
a person who continually asks "what's best for our customers" and you like
to build new and challenging products, Memeo may be the perfect place for you.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
We do not have any listings available at the moment, but we are always looking for top talent. If you think you'd be a great fit for Memeo, send us your resume!